Plugins are certain secondary programs sitting on the browser that could help some elements to be fetched from the web brwosing page. However, there are plugins that could create distractions in the web browser. Removing a plugin wouldn’t be a good idea, but you can go ahead and disable the plugin that is not very important.
Disable plugin in Google Chrome
- Launch your Google Chrome brwoser by double clicking its icon.
- To go to the plugins window directly, you need to type “chrome://plugins/” followed by hitting the ‘Enter’ key.
- Navigate for the plugin that you need to disable and click on the ‘Diable’ button below the plugin. Once you disable the plguin, it will not start with the lauch of the Chrome window.
- Close the browser and restart it, you will not have the distractions of the plugins.
Windows 8 has been popular because of most of the features that it has gone missing in. It has been evident that many had upgraded to Windows 8 from Windows 7 and then, reverted. It’s understood that many users have been disappointed with the Windows 8 features. However, there are few improvements that have also been made with Windows 8. Go ahead and read the features to have a better understanding. This might inspire you to give a second thought for Windows 8.
Evidently, the boot speed of this operating system is faster than the previous versions. Shutting down and starting up of your computer is faster.
The process of copying files is easier. Any time you feel that you do not want the particular file to be copied, you can pause the copying process. If you copy multiple files at a time, you can view the status of the files in a particular window.
When you look at the storage space, the best thing is that you can combine physical volumes together to create a big logical volume, which thereby helps in creating a huge storage pool for your computer and you do not have to restrict storing your data.
Next operating system from Microsoft is one of the most awaited software programs of this year. If you have a thought that after Windows 8 it is going to be Windows 9, then let us tell you that it will be named Windows 10. Although it has not been rolled out yet, but there are features of this OS that have come to our knowledge from our sources. Here are few of them.
Start menu is back!
Users who were disappointed by the disappearance of the Start menu are going to be happy with Windows 10, as it will get you back the Start menu. Also, it is going to have a mixture of the Metro interface and the Start menu.
Action center notifications
One of the best features of the modern OS is the notifications center, where you will be updated about the latest events/activities of all sorts. Notification center of Windows 10 acts as a repository of only useful information and this is due to the integration of Windows 10 with Cortana.
The experience of File Explorer is really nice. Once you get used to it, you will know that it saves much of your time by getting to the files and folders more easily.
These are few of the features that make Windows 10 a better operating system than Windows 8.
If you have been working with Microsoft Word, gradually you may notice that there are changes in the behavior of this tool—it could be with the fonts, toolbars, auto-correct options, etc. This undesirable change demands a re-formatting. Before you start searching for the authenticated CD and perform the time-taking process, we would like you to know another alternate method that you can try.
- Launch the Microsoft Word in your computer.
- Click on the ‘Tools’ tab and from the menu, you need to choose the ‘Customize’ option.
- Switch to the ‘Options’ tab and under the ‘Personalized Menus and Toolbars’ section, you need to choose ‘Reset menu and toolbar usage data’.
Following the above steps will take you back to the original setting and you can start working with your Microsoft Word without any further annoyance.
You could have definitely come across a situation when you couldn’t copy a text or few words from a particular website. This is usually done with a purpose of copy protection. It is generally found in bank websites or other sensitive website.
Did you know that even then you can copy a text from such kind of website? It’s just a small tweak and you can ignore such copy protection. Let us walk you through a simple method to do so.
Disable Java Script
Usually, Java Script is used to disable the mouse action on the websites. If you can turn off the Java Script permanently or temporarily, you will be able to copy the text from the website.
Different browsers have different way to reach to the Java script. Just have a look for better understanding:
- In Firefox, press F12 and use the settings to disable the Java script.
- To reach the Java Script in Chrome, you need to plug chrome://settings/content.
- To access the Java Script in Internet Explorer, you need to click on the ‘Internet Option’-> choose ‘Security’-> click on ‘Zone’-> Custom Level-> Active Scripting
I don’t think it will be an issue to copy a text, next time from a website.
While browsing the internet, it might happen that you download many files and at the end of the day when you search, it might be a hassle to search for the files. Having that in mind, we do not want you to fumble for your downloaded files. Here is how you can locate the files in Windows computers.
Usually, this is the place where the downloaded files will be usually saved. So, this is the first place to look for files that you might have downloaded while browsing the internet.
Downloads folder in Windows
Once you have opened up the Windows Explorer, you might locate the Downloads folder on the left navigation pane. This might display the downloaded files.
Duplicate files occupy space in the hard disks unnecessarily and make it difficult for the users to accommodate the needed files in the computer. You need to find the duplicate file and delete it. Here is how you can have your duplicate files deleted.
- Click on the ‘Windows’ button on the desktop or on your keyboard, to open up the Start menu.
- In the Search bar, you need to type the name of the file you suspect to be duplicated.
- Locate the Toolbar and search the ‘Views’ tab and click on the ‘Details’ option.
- Now, you need to scroll down the list of items to match it with the file name you have in your mind.
- Tally the Modified time and date and if it matches, then that must be the duplicate file.
- To confirm it, open the file and match the content of the file.
That’s all, you can go ahead with the deletion of the duplicate file.
Whenever you try to open up a Word document, you might have noticed a splash screen, which you wouldn’t like to see. Disappointed because you do not find a way out for this splash screen to disappear? Don’t worry! We are here to help you out. The computer we work with is x86 version of Office 2010 that is installed on x64 edition Windows. For different configuration, the procedure would be little different. However, many users have the configuration that we use. So, this shouldn’t be an issue to the major number of users.
- Right click on the desktop of the computer and choose the ‘New’ option from the context menu.
- Choose the ‘Shortcut’ option and type the following in the location box:
“C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\WINWORD.EXE” /q”
- Click on the ‘Next’ button.
- You need to name the shortcut followed by clicking on the ‘finish’ button.
We have discussed the method to disable the splash screen on the Microsoft Office Word. The same thing can be done with other programs in MS Office suite.
Whenever a PDF file is created these days, it is created with a thought of sharing it with the intent user, which is why most of the PDF files are seem to be password protected. These passwords could be annoyance for the users and you might think about not having to type the password repeatedly.
If you know the password and it is a Linux system, you have many ways to remove the password. Out of many ways, today we are going to discuss one of the easiest and an efficient method.
PDF Toolkit method
- If you have heard about PDF Toolikit before, then you might be aware of the fact that PDF Toolkit is for making changes to the PDF files. To begin the process, you need to install “pdftk” and this can be done through a new terminal. To open up a terminal, you need to press ‘Ctrl+Alt+Del’.
- Next is to type the following command in the new terminal followed by pressing an ‘Enter’ key:
sudo apt-get install pdftk
- This will prompt you for the password, which you need to type in the next column line.
- There will be an analysis, for which you need to press the ‘y’ key.
- This will complete the installation process and then, you need to type the following command.
pdftk /home/lori/Documents/secured.pdf input_pw password output /home/lori/Documents/unsecured.pdf
- Press ‘Enter’ key to have the command executed.
- Now, the file without the password will be generated and you can place it in the desired location.
Isn’t it an easy way to have the password of the PDF file removed?
To work in your computer, you do not have to be in the same physical location. There are no physical constraints to work with your computer. There is something called remote access that can make it feasible to use computer from anywhere in the world.
There are many desktop solutions out there along with the suitable tools for every solution. The matter of discussion for today is the different desktop solutions.
Having a remote desktop in your computer, you can access the desktop from any of your device. All you need is an internet connection in a smartphone or a slate. Teamviewer is the application that we would suggest you to install to have a flawless access over your computer desktop without any disturbances.
Remote file access
To access files remotely, it is better to have a solution with integrated file transfer option. TeamViewer has the “file transfer” feature that needs to be selected, before connecting to another computer through TeamViewer.
Files in cloud
Having the files uploaded in the cloud platforms, it will be easy for the users to share files or access them from anywhere they want to. Being the owner, you will have the credentials to make changes to a particular file and at the same time, share the file with anyone you want to. If you happen to make changes, the file will be updated and sync back to the particular platform.
Wake up your computer remotely
It has been long that computers support a feature called Wake-On-LAN. If your computer is in hibernation mode or sleep mode, you can wake your computer up over the internet. A packet has to be transferred to your sleeping or hibernating computer and the moment the packet is received, your computer will turn on.
These are few ways that you can make use of your computer remotely.